Not Another Vampire Film


after so many days of just reading blogs, cracked, oddee, wiki, and cracked (and more cracked), i finally found some time to get to novel reading once again (the last was Palahniuk's Lullaby). Instead of actual flipping through the pages of a softbound novel, i just have to open my books folder and hover around some great ebooks that I haven't found the time to read. From Blavatsky's Studies in Occultism, Gaiman's The Sandman, Murakami's After Dark, Rushdie's The Satanic Verses, and even Maddox's The Alphabet of Manliness, I keep reminding myself to at least spend some time with these lovelies than just drowning myself with free Iphone apps (like babel rising or angry birds for example). But all that changed when I finally saw the official trailer for Let Me In.

Two months ago, a friend asked me if I have seen the creepy Swedish film, Låt den rätte komma in (Let the Right One In) coz the tough little girl from KickAss is going to be the lead actress. So I wiki'd it and I honestly was drawn to its plot. spoiler!

Though I know I had enough of teenage vampires and teenage girls and teenage werewolves that literally killed the essence of horror, I managed to find its ebook without using a torrent (my frienemy). and that was a special day.
I'm still on the first few pages of the book and I already found myself engrossed with Lindqvist's writing. I surely hope I can finish reading it before highschool emo wannabes fill the theaters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Sociofluid

online!